4K/UHD, 6-Input Multi-Format Switcher with Mirrored HDMI and HDBaseT Outputs and Automatic Display Control
4K/UHD Multi-Format Switcher with PoE and Automatic Display Control
The Atlona AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is an advanced six-input, multi-format switcher with built-in 4K scaling and mirrored HDBaseT and HDMI outputs. It simplifies classroom and small office system integration by providing four HDMI and two multifunction analog inputs, to enable the use of both new and legacy sources with HDMI displays.
The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 can be the central component of an automated AV system. Automatic display control turns on the display automatically whenever a source is connected. When the source is removed, the display is turned off. Volume is controlled by using the front panel buttons. Automatic input selection on the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 works by sensing the presence of any video signal. With automatic input selection, manual control systems can be eliminated.
The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 combines the benefits of a switcher and the advantages of Ethernet enabled HDBaseT signal transmission over a single cable. The switcher enables input selection from the front panel, RS-232, or TCP/IP commands. Configuration, maintenance and updates are performed using Atlona’s WebGUI, AMS IP management system, or OSD. Set-up options include HDCP status, variable preferred input resolutions, output resolution, plus control of brightness, contrast, saturation, hue and sharpness. The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is ideal for applications where multiple signals with different resolutions must be optimized for a display. Professional audio features such as a microphone input with 48-volt phantom power and ducking are also included, allowing the switcher to address a wide array of AV switching and processing needs often encountered in classrooms, conference rooms, boardrooms, training rooms and other presentation settings.
Automatic Display Control
Offering first-of-its-kind display capabilities, the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 allows display control using CEC, TCP/IP or RS-232 signals. This means that many more types of displays can be controlled, costs are reduced, and that wiring is simplified. In a commercial setting, when a switcher is integrated with a display, the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 forces the display to power on automatically when a laptop is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system and the savings incurred by auto-display shutdown provide a significant return on investment.
- CEC – The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 features Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) providing simplified display control for a significant reduction in the cost of the display (compared to an RS-232 controlled display). CEC is a communication channel incorporated in the HDMI specification allowing connected devices to control each other.
- TCP/IP – The TCP/IP signal can be transmitted either through an independent LAN connection or through the HDBaseT connection when connected to an AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX receiver which allows Ethernet over HDBaseT. The LAN port on the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 not only connects to the switcher, it also extends out the HDBaseT connection through an internal hub. A connected router is required to manage IP addresses.
- RS-232 – Many displays including projectors, commercial flat panel displays, and some consumer displays can be controlled using the RS-232 signal directly from the switcher. The scaler is able to send commands using RS-232 for automatic display control to compatible displays.
- FLEXIBLE, POWER BUTTON – The power button on the front panel can be set to either turn the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 on/off or it can be set to control the attached display. In addition to using the front panel power button, display on/off commands can be triggered automatically based on presence of video signals, or by a third-party control system using either TCP/IP, RS-232, or IR signals.
- SWITCHER OR DISPLAY VOLUME CONTROL – Volume control buttons on the front panel can control either the analog audio output of the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 or they can be set to control the volume of any device that allows volume control using TCP/IP or RS-232, such as a flat panel display, DSP, or another switcher. This gives great flexibility to the system design.
Automatic input selection on the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 detects an active video signal, rather than looking for the 5-volt, hot plug signal. This means that devices such as DVRs, DisplayPort adaptors and other devices that keep the 5-volt hot, no longer trigger the automatic input selection. This gives far more reliable performance with these products.
The CLSO Series Switcher for Local Source Integration
The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is part of the CLSO Series of classroom and small office switchers and offers a set of inputs for applications when all sources are near the switcher. The switcher features an HDMI output plus a mirrored, Ethernet-enabled HDBaseT output. It transmits AV signals along with Ethernet, power, and control over a single cable to displays up to 328 feet (100 meters) from the switcher to PoE-powered HDBaseT receivers like the Atlona AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX extender receiver, HDBaseT displays or even another switcher. Control options for the switcher include automatic input selection, front-panel buttons, and compatibility with IR, RS-232, or TCP/IP-based control systems.
The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is ideal for:
- Complete System Applications – The switcher accommodates four 4K/UHD HDMI sources plus two VGA or other analog sources in classrooms, huddle rooms, and small conference rooms. In these applications, the switcher offers automatic input selection, HDBaseT transmission, and control functions. With audio de-embedding and volume control, it is easy to connect to an amplifier and speakers for better audio. IP configuration/management and other advanced installation functions including IP display control, contact closure for screen control, CEC display control for consumer displays and Ethernet-enabled (100 m) HDBaseT performance. The CLSO Series incorporates many integrator-requested features while still maintaining overall value.
- Efficient System Applications – The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 can route a signal directly to a projector with an HDBaseT input. Control is transmitted using CEC, IP, and RS-232. The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is certified by the HDBaseT Alliance for compatibility.
- Campus Installations – Atlona’s new IP management software, AMS, enables easy discovery, configuration, updates and management of Atlona IP enabled devices such as the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 products.
*Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, and Sony TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
Configured and Managed by AMS
The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 also supports the Atlona Management System (AMS), a powerful network software platform that integrates product configuration, management and updating. Specially designed for IP-controllable Atlona Products, the Atlona Management System reduces installation time and enables remote monitoring and support. To learn more please visit AT-SW-AMS.
Four HDMI inputs
- Digital inputs to support up to four DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort sources
- Works with PCs, Blu-ray players, document cameras, teleconference systems, wireless solutions with industry standard digital audio/video outputs
Two multi-function analog inputs on 15-pin HD connectors
- Accepts RGBHV, component, S-video, or composite signals using common adaptors and break out cables
- Provides input options for legacy analog sources
Mirrored, dual outputs on HDBaseT and HDMI
- Supports dual display applications with both local and extended distance displays up to 328 feet (100 meters)
- Eliminates cost associated with extra extension components; simplifies installation. HDMI output allows additional HDBaseT transmitter for dual long distance applications
- Compatible receiver:
AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX (100 meter with control)
- Compatible receiver:
Automatic display control
- Automatically changes projector power state based on active or standby mode of switcher. Control signals transmitted via CEC, IP, or RS-232.
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems. Enables display and volume control. CEC enables control of low-cost consumer displays.
Automatic input selection using video detection technology
- Selects active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source power status
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems
4K/UHD @ 30 Hz capability
- Compatible with Ultra High Definition sources and displays
- Supports high resolution applications such as CAD, desktop publishing, and detailed financial reporting
Built-in 4K scaler
- Scales to and from most resolutions up to 4K to optimize content from any source to any monitor or projector up to 4K
- Eliminates the need for external scaling components
AV, Ethernet, and control over HDBaseT
- Delivers 4K/UHD video, audio, 100BaseT Ethernet, and control through a single cable
- Eliminates multiple cable runs between source, control system router and display
Power over Ethernet for remote-powered HDBaseT receiver
- Industry standard IEEE 802.3af PoE supplied by the switcher over HDBaseT
- No local AC outlet required saves time and integration costs
TCP/IP, RS-232, and IR, control of switcher
- Flexible control options for compatibility with third-party control systems; RS-232 controlled from HDBaseT connection
- Reduces integration time and costs
- Manages EDID communications between source and switcher; allows integrators to force sources to preferred resolution
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system; eliminates the need for EDID management device
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays and teleconference systems while protected content is not transmitted
- HDCP compliance can be switched on/off from control systems for use with non-compliant displays, streaming devices, and codecs
Balanced line/mic input with 48V phantom power
- Provides professional audio input for wired and wireless microphones
- Saves installation costs by eliminating external audio mixer
Microphone ducking with advanced controls
- Automatically reduces program audio levels when mic is used
- Ensures optimized voice-over performance
- De-embeds PCM audio from HDMI inputs to analog audio output
- Provides audio signal routing to sound system
Independent audio input switching
- Switches analog audio inputs separately from video sources; allows analog audio signal embedding for DVI sources
- Simplifies audio signal management from DVI sources
Balanced, stereo audio output on 6-pin captive screw connector
- Interfaces with analog commercial sound systems
- Maintains proper audio gain structure; eliminates adaptors
Adjustable volume and EQ
- Features independent gain control for each input, master audio level control, bass and treble EQ adjustment
- Optimizes audio signals eliminating the need for an external mixer
Front panel volume and mute controls
- Volume up and volume down buttons adjust output level to sound system
- Provides quick level adjustment for operators
Easy, GUI-based configuration using integrated web server
- Offers menu-based configuration of network settings, RS-232 settings, input switching, EDID and HDCP management and audio
- Allows fast configuration of internal product settings and troubleshooting from a tablet, smart phone or PC in the field
IP to RS-232 translation
- Converts TCP/IP commands to RS-232 commands for output to external devices
- Enables single IP connection to control processor to control both IP and RS-232 connected devices. Faster installation
Eight RS-232 ports
- Multiple bidirectional, RS-232 ports to control other devices in the system
- Reduces cost associated with complex control processors
Ethernet, RS-232 and IR HDBaseT insertion
- Adds control signals to the HDBaseT transmission including Ethernet, RS-232 and bi-directional IR
- Simplifies display control from third-party control systems
Rack mountable 1U, full rack width enclosure
- Installs easily in rack mounted systems with included 19” rack and wall mount brackets
- Reduces installation time and cost
Works with AMS
- This IP-controllable product can be remotely managed by the Atlona Management System software
- Integrates product configuration, management, and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support
- User guide, desktop power supply, detachable power cable, IR hand held remote control, rack mount bracket kit
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in residential and commercial systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence
What is Auto-Switching and why is it Important to my Application?
The Atlona AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is an advanced six-input, multi-format switcher with built-in 4K scaling and mirrored HDBaseT™ and HDMI outputs. It simplifies classroom and small office system integration by providing four HDMI and two multi-function analog inputs, to enable the use of both new and legacy sources with HDMI displays. Professional audio features such as a microphone input with 48 volt phantom power and ducking are also included, allowing the switcher to address a wide array of AV switching and processing needs often encountered in classrooms, conference rooms, boardrooms, training rooms and other presentation settings.
Atlona Introduces CLSO-601 for classroom at ISE 2015
Ken Eagle live at ISE 2015 Introduces new product, the CLSO-601 for classroom solutions
Atlona Introduces CLSO-601 for conference room at ISE 2015
Ken Eagle live at ISE 2015 Introduces new product, the CLSO-601 for conference room solutions
|Video||4096x2160@24/25/30Hz, 3840x2160@24/25/30Hz (UHD), 2048x1080p, firstname.lastname@example.org/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60Hz, 1080i@50/59.94/60Hz, 720p@50/59.94/60Hz, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i|
|VESA||2560x2048, 2560x1600, 2048x1536, 1920x1200, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1600x900, 1440x900, 1400x1050, 1366x768, 1360x768, 1280x1024, 1280x800, 1280x768, 1152x864, 1024x768, 800x600, 640x480|
|Composite/S-Video||NTSC, NTSC4, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, SECAM|
|Analog Output||PCM 2Ch (de-embedded)|
|HDMI/HDBaseT Output||PCM 2Ch|
|CAT5e/6 @ 4K||up to 70 meters||up to 230 feet|
|CAT6a/7 @ 4K||up to 100 meters||up to 328 feet|
|CAT5e/6 @ 1080p||up to 100 meters||up to 328 feet|
|HDMI IN/OUT @ 4K||up to 5 meters||up to 15 feet|
|HDMI IN/OUT @ 1080p||up to 10 meters||up to 30 feet|
|HDCP||Switchable – Compliant/Non compliant|
|VGA||15-pin HD d-sub, accepts RGBHV, component, composite, or S-video with adaptor|
|LAN||RJ45 (8P8C), TCP/IP control|
|IR||5-pin captive screw|
|RS-232||3-pin captive screw|
|Audio||5-pin captive screw|
|Power||2-pin, 48V captive screw|
|Operating||0°C to 50°C||32°F to 122°F|
|Storage||-20°C to 60°C||-4°F to 140°F|
|Humidity||20 to 90% non-condensing|
|Supply||Input: AC100~240V 50/60Hz
Output: DC 48V/3.125A
|H x W x D||44 x 433.8 x 255 (mm)||1.73 x 17.08 x 10.04 (inch)|
|w/feet||55.15 x 433.8 x 255 (mm)||2.17 x 17.08 x 10.04 (inch)|
|Power Supply||CE, FCC, cULus, RoHS, CCC, RCM|
Download the Atlona AT-UHD-CLSO-601 Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.